The submission of an application and payment for Sign & Glide (On-Water Towing Service) ("Sign & Glide") constitutes your agreement with, and acceptance of, these Terms and Conditions for services. Upon receipt of your application and payment, the Sign & Glide services will be activated.
For purposes of the Sign & Glide program, the following definitions apply:
- "Customer" means the original Sign & Glide purchaser and includes all persons operating a Sign & Glide customer's eligible watercraft with the express permission of the customer for pleasure use only. This does not include persons operating a watercraft that is carrying passengers or property for compensation or hire, or engaged in any commercial activity.
- "Disablement" means a breakdown or other event causing an eligible watercraft to fail to operate under its own propulsion while afloat that results from:
- mechanical or electrical breakdown;
- battery failure;
- insufficient supply of fuel, oil, water, or other fluid;
- lock-out; or
- soft grounding.
- "Eligible watercraft" means the watercraft represented on the application: watercraft not exceeding sixty (60) feet in length, owned and registered by the customer in the state of residence or documented to the customer by the United States Coast Guard.
- "Salvage operations" means operations for anything other than a disablement, including, but not limited to, vessels abandoned, wrecked, beached, on fire, damaged by fire, taking on water, sinking, sunk, previously sunk, in the surf or surf line, or in any other state of peril.
- "Services" means the following services:
- The following if performed at the place of disablement:
- jump start;
- delivery of fuel, oil or other fluid;
- disentanglement that does not require use of a diver; and
- soft grounding assistance, but only if the eligible watercraft:
- is in a stable, safe condition;
- is not in an environmentally inaccessible or otherwise restricted area;
- is not in dangerous surf or a dangerous surf line;
- is surrounded by water on all sides;
- can be rocked; and
- can be refloated upon initial arrival or at the next high tide in 15 minutes or less by one watercraft from Sign & Glide's authorized service provider; and
- On water towing of the eligible watercraft's hull from the site of the disablement to the nearest accessible dock or port where the eligible watercraft can be repaired or removed from the water. If the eligible watercraft is towed to any place other than the nearest such dock or port, the customer may be responsible for any additional charges incurred.
- Sign & Glide reserves the right to accept or reject any and all applications in its sole discretion.
- Customer warrants that the eligible watercraft is in a safe and seaworthy operating condition at the time of application.
- The customer is required to use care and diligence in the use and maintenance of the eligible watercraft.
- Sign & Glide may, at its sole discretion, withdraw program benefits for abuses, including excessive or commercial use.
- The Sign & Glide service period expires one year from date of issuance.
- Sign & Glide is not liable for incidental, actual or consequential damages, property damage or loss, personal injury, damage to vessels, cargo or passengers from the provision of services. By becoming a customer all risks of services are assumed solely by the customer and are the sole responsibility of the service provider and customer, not Sign & Glide.
As a Sign & Glide customer, Sign & Glide will dispatch and pay for an authorized service provider to provide the customer with services that are necessary due to a disablement involving an eligible watercraft.
In the event Sign & Glide dispatches an authorized service provider to provide services to a customer and it is determined that the on-scene conditions may not qualify as a disablement (for example, a vessel requires salvage operations or a vessel has run hard aground), Sign & Glide reserves the right to require the customer to pay the authorized service provider directly and submit the service invoice and proof of payment to Sign & Glide for review and consideration for reimbursement to the customer. Any such reimbursement is within the sole discretion of Sign & Glide.
There are some instances where Sign & Glide is unable to provide payment to its authorized service provider at the time of service and the customer will be required to pay the authorized service provider directly. In those instances, the customer will receive full reimbursement in the form of a check from Sign & Glide, typically within two business days of service and no more than three business days after service.
If the customer secures services from a provider on his or her own due to a disablement, Sign & Glide will reimburse the customer the reasonable charges incurred, as determined by Sign & Glide. However, in those instances, Sign & Glide will pay no more than $250 per hour or $3,000 per disablement for services rendered by the provider. To receive reimbursement consideration, the service invoice and proof of payment must be submitted to Sign & Glide within 90 days. Sign & Glide reserves the right to deny payment for any such services to the extent they were performed by an unauthorized provider or are not within the scope of services provided by Sign & Glide under these Terms and Conditions.
THE SIGN & GLIDE SERVICE PROGRAM IS NOT A PROMISE OF, OR COMMITMENT TO PROVIDE OR PAY FOR, RESCUE. IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, CUSTOMER MUST IMMEDIATELY CONTACT THE COAST GUARD, OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCY, OR COMMUNICATE A MAYDAY OR OTHER EMERGENCY SITUATION TO THE PUBLIC AS NECESSARY.
Sign & Glide services do not apply to:
- The cost of purchasing parts, fluid, lubricants, fuel or replacement keys, or the labor to make replacement keys;
- Installation of products and materials not related to the disablement;
- Labor not related to the disablement;
- Labor for any time period in excess of 60 minutes per disablement;
- Towing or storage related to impoundment, abandonment, illegal docking or mooring, or other violations of law or regulations;
- Damage or disablement due to fire. This exclusion does not apply to fire caused by a disablement;
- Damage or disablement due to vandalism;
- Towing from a repair facility;
- Labor or repair work performed at a repair facility;
- Watercraft storage, hauling, launching, commissioning, decommissioning, mooring, or docking charges or other marina charges;
- A second service call or tow for a single disablement;
- Repeated service calls for an eligible watercraft in need of routine maintenance or repair;
- Disablement that results from an intentional or willful act or action by the customer, a relative or the operator of the eligible watercraft.
- Eligible watercraft used for business or commercial purposes;
- Salvage operations;
- An eligible watercraft that is wrecked, beached, on fire, taking on water, in the surf or surf line, sinking, or sunk;
- Assistance requiring one or more pumps, divers, airbags or other special equipment;
- Disablements that occur outside the normal boating season;
- Circumstances where a Sign & Glide authorized service representative determines that the eligible watercraft cannot be reached, secured or serviced without unreasonable risk of injury to person or damage to any property;
- Escort or navigation assistance;
- Search for lost watercraft;
- Retrieving anchors or other equipment; or
- United States or foreign customs fees.
SIGN & GLIDE IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY AND DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF INJURY TO PERSONS, BOATS OR PROPERTY.