Often once the hot weather arrives, fishermen look to the deep water for their fishing ventures. But the pros have often been wildly successful in catching summertime bass in just a few inches of water, and here are some of the tricks they share, so that you too can significantly increase your chance of success.
- Stay Clean: Shallow water Bass don’t appear in the numbers that they do in offshore spots. This means that missing one is more heartbreaking, as your chances are fewer. So fishing in shallow water makes it necessary to fish cleanly.
- Stay in the Zone: If you aren’t used to fishing in the deep water, and the shallows are your comfort zone, just be patient. The bass will be found; it just may take a little longer. You’ll fish better when you are familiar with what you are doing.
- Stay Selfish: We don’trecommend this in any other part of life, but if you find a great spot, especially while everyone else is deep sea fishing, you’ll probably have it all to yourself.
Here are some professional tips to find the right place and to keep the big bass biting:
- Bream Beds – Find bream beds by looking for the bright-colored circles near the banks. These beds attract the bass as they are easy feeding.
- Grasses – Oxygen levels deplete quickly in summer, but submerged grasses raise the oxygen levels and serve as a kind “energy drink” for the bass. Bass will feed several times a day in the grasses, and if they are eating, you can catch them.
- Dirty Water – After lots of rain, which can happen in hot weather, the water tends to muddy up and sends bass to shallow water.
- Water Levels – Bass move with water levels, so if waters are rising, they tend to migrate to shallower water.
- Adjacent Deep Water – Bass can get lethargic in thOften once the hot weather arrives, fishermen look to the deep water for their fishing ventures. But the pros have often been wildly successfue summer. The ability to come into shallows to feed and then easily swim into deep water allows the bass to use little energy.
- Gizzard Shad – This bait has been known to cause the bass to go crazy in just inches of water.
There are few things more relaxing than a long sunny day at your favorite fishing hole. While everyone else is out deep sea fishing, have fun finding your secluded little spot and enjoy the pure love of fishing. Shallows or deep, don’t go out into your boat without the assurance that Sign and Glide can provide.